Fresh Picks Cafe Makes News on WMUR New Hampshire
Fresh Picks Café chef and district manager, John Veeser, demonstrates healthy black bean salad recipe for Saturday morning viewers.
Families looking for healthy menu ideas that appeal to kids should check out this black bean salad recipe from Fresh Picks Café. On August 24, it was demonstrated for New Hampshire TV viewers on Saturday morning “Lunch Lessons” at WMUR.
To see John’s demonstration at WMUR, click here.
A favorite at schools served by Fresh Picks Café throughout New Hampshire and Vermont, this tasty black bean salad recipe is quick and easy to prepare. It’s also a great way to enjoy fresh tomatoes while they’re still available.
Black bean salad just one of many healthy dishes kids enjoy at Fresh Picks Café. Other nutritious specialties include kale chips, peach and cranberry chutney, roasted root vegetables and roasted chickpeas.
Makes approximately 6, 1 cup servings
413 calories per serving with O calories from trans fat
- 4 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, diced and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, defrosted
- ½ cup oil (soy, vegetable or canola)
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- In a large bowl, mix corns, beans and tomato. Set aside.
- Make dressing: In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and parsley. Whisk well to combine.
- Pour dressing over corn, bean and tomato mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.